With the last official week of spring, I am determined to get the most out of my favorite green spring produce: fresh peas, tender greens, and mint. This salad accomplishes using up all of the aforementioned produce with a simple, yet zesty dressing. Serve for a light lunch or as a side to delicious grilled salmon for dinner.
- mixed spring greens (arugula and beet)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh peas
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- bundle of scallions, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- zest from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon pistachio oil
- Cook the fresh peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- Mix the fresh mint with the spring greens and place a bed of greens on each plate.
- Sprinkle each plate with fresh peas, scallions, and almond slivers.
- Season with lemon zest and salt and pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and drizzle pistachio oil over each plate.