The evidence of my love affair with grapefruit cocktails is mounting (here, here, here, and here). This Spicy Paloma cocktail is no exception, although it is EXCEPTIONAL. The hint of spice from the jalapeno infused tequila (recipe forthcoming) compliments the bubbly sweetness of the grapefruit soda for a refreshing, yet interesting summer cocktail.
- 1 ounce jalapeno infused tequila
- 3 oz grapefruit soda
- several dashes of grapefruit bitters
- salty, spicy mix to rim glass with
- jalapeno slice for garnish
- Rim a cocktail glass with salty, spicy, sweet rimming sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, mix the tequila and bitters.
- Strain into the cocktail glass.
- Top with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with a jalapeno slice.