Earlier this month I collaborated with Poshlocket to create a spring cocktail to match with their fresh colored, beautiful pieces and provide entertaining inspiration for the new season. Nothing represents the end of winter and the start of spring like a light, citrus cocktail. Blood oranges are at their ripest and perfect for juicing and the french 75 lends the perfect base to showcase their flavor. To see the rest of the collaboration and an extra cocktail, check out the feature here.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces blood orange juice
- dash simple syrup
- blood orange slice
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, mix gin, lemon juice, blood orange, and simple syrup.
- Strain into a coupe glass or champagne flute.
- Fill the rest of the glass with champagne.
- Garnish with a blood orange slice.