A continuation of this post, these salmon, cucumber, wasabi aioli tea sandwiches were the perfect munchies for our Valentine's Day girl's tea party. The crunch of the cucumber and the smoked salmon flavor is a classic combo, but the kick of the wasabi aioli is what really makes this sandwich. See after the jump for ingredients and recipe.
- Whole wheat sandwich bread, sliced, crusts cut to form a square
- wasabi aioli (from Trader Joe's), or you can mix fresh wasabi with mayonnaise
- smoked salmon
- cucumbers (Persian are the best), sliced thinly
- If bread slices aren't square, cut of rounded edges to make square.
- Spread wasabi aioli on slices.
- Place cucumbers and salmon on slices. Fold sandwich. Slice in half and skewer with a sandwich pick, or festive Valentine's Day toothpick.