The bane of my existence in the winter since I was a wee one has been and will continue to be dry skin. At the same time, the bane of my daily existence is waking up in the morning. This DIY coffee body scrub combats both of those woes. The combination of coffee and peppermint provide a refreshing wake up call in the shower, while at the same time exfoliating skin and adding some much needed moisture.
- s4 tablespoons ground coffee (you can use "used" grounds, but I used fresh)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a small bowl mix coffee, brown sugar, olive oil, and peppermint extract.
- Once well mixed, use as a body scrub in the shower.
- I stored mine for up to a week in a jar in the fridge, but given the ingredients, I'm sure it would last a bit longer.