This cider whiskey cocktail is one for the gentleman and the ladies. It was born out of the need to use up my ginger simple syrup and the desire to create a fall cocktail to please both genders. See after the jump for ingredients and instructions.
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- hard cider
- lemon peel
- apple sliver
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, mix the whiskey, lemon juice, ginger simple syrup, and Angostura bitters. Shake a few times.
- Pour into a glass over ice. Add the lemon peel.
- Fill the rest of the glass with hard cider.
- Garnish with apple sliver and enjoy!