If you like Salty Dogs or Italian Greyhounds, then the Rosemary Gin Whippet will be an equally pleasing cocktail for you. The flavors of the gin and rosemary complement each other really well and the sugar from the simple syrup cuts the bitterness of the grapefruit. Keep this one in your recipe books folks because it will make a great holiday cocktail. See after the jump for ingredients and recipe...
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 rosemary simple syrup
- 5 ounces grapefruit juice
- rosemary sprig for garnish
- rosemary sugar for rim (optional- recipe to come later on the blog)
- If rimming with rosemary sugar, take a lemon wedge and and rim glass, then dip in rosemary sugar.
- Mix gin, rosemary simple syrup, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Pour into glass and garnish with rosemary sprig.