Every once in a while Odin gets to benefit too from this little old blog. This time it is in the form of being treat taste tester for this new apple bacon treat recipe. Using Odin's favorite ingredient.. bacon, and my favorite fall ingredient... apples, we whipped up some biscuits. See after the jump for ingredients and recipe.
- 1 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large apple, diced
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, saute bacon until browned and crispy. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel.
- Remove most of the bacon fat. With the remaining bacon fat, saute the diced apples until soft. Let cool.
- Once cool, blend the sauteed apples until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, place whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and oats. Slowly mix in pureed apple and milk.
- Once batter starts to form, add in bacon bits.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out treat dough. If too sticky, use more flour to make the dough come together. Roll to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on a greased baking sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool and then let the pup enjoy!