This feta and eggplant meatball recipe is a delicious twist on your average meatball and a great way to use up some end of summer farmer's market produce. You can make a big batch and freeze the rest for use throughout the week or add them to a pasta or a soup later in the week. I served them with a kale tahini salad, homemade pita chips, and garlic cumin Greek yogurt. See after the jump for ingredients and recipe...
- 1 medium eggplant, finely chopped
- 1 lb beef minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup mint, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Toss the eggplant with olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast for approximately 25 minutes or until golden. Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix the eggplant, beef, garlic, feta, mint, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl and combine well.
- Using a tablespoon, or your hands, roll into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute the meatballs for 4 minutes or until seared and browned.
- Finish on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 for another 5 minutes.