- pizza dough
- 2-3 large onions, jullienne
- 1/3 cup Kalamata or black olives
- 1 tin anchovies
- several sprigs thyme, leaves peeled off
- olive oil (2-3 teaspoons for onions and more for drizzling)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 2-3 teaspoons olive oil on medium high heat until oil is shimmering. Add the onions and spread to evenly cover bottom of skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 30 minutes stirring frequently until onions are a nice brown caramel color, but don't let burn or blacken. When your onions are almost done, add the
- In the mean time, heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Roll out dough using as little flour as possible.
- Rub oil on a baking sheet and place dough on top. Brush dough with oil.
- When onions are done, spread evenly across dough.
- Place sardines in a lattice pattern on top of onions. Place olives in the windows of the lattice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crusts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
PS. I shared another one of my favorite simple summer recipes over at Simply Irresistible for Lara while she is off on her honeymoon. Check it out here!