For Pasta Dough
- 2 large eggs, 1 extra egg yolk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, heated thoroughly
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt for seasoning pasta
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- semolina flour for dusting and storage
- 1 cup ricotta, strained for approximately 30 minutes to remove some of the liquid
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, sliced with several saved for garnish
- 1/4- 1/3 cup pin nuts, depending on how much you love them
- olive oil to drizzle over when serving
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- For instructions on how to make the pasta dough go here and just substitute the peas for beets.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta for approximately 2-3 minutes. Fresh pasta really does not take long at all folks.
- Drain pasta and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate a spoonful of pasta on each plate and sprinkle with minced mint.
- Place small dollops of Ricotta on top and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Garnish with full mint leaves and season with extra pepper or salt if so desired.