- 4 medium beets (scrubbed and stems remove, if it has greens, wash and add to salad)
- olive oil (to drizzle on beets)
- mixed greens (several handfuls, I like to use spinach, arugula, and beet greens)
- 1 orange (skin removed and cut into 1/4 inch crosswise sections)
- 2 blood oranges (skin removed and cut into 1/4 inch crosswise sections)
- 3 tablespoons raspberry sorbet, melted (this is one of my favorite tricks for adding fruity flavor to dressing when you don't have the fresh fruit)
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to season
- garlic (1 clove minced)
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Put beets in a small baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until beets are tender
- Let cool. Rub off beet skins.
- Slice beets into 1/8 - 1/4 inch round slices.
- For dressing, shake all dressing ingredients in a jar.
- To assemble, create a bed of greens on plate. Top with beet and citrus slices.
- Drizzle dressing on top. I'd also recommend adding toasted almond slivers or walnut pieces. (We were out of them)
PS. I'm over at A Dose of Pretty today sharing all of my favorite accessories and heirlooms! Check it out here!