See after the jump for materials and instructions...
- wooden box
- masking tape
- white acrylic paint
- gold metal effects paint
- exact o blade (I used this to get stubborn tape pieces off)
- Tape off box in whatever pattern you wish. I did diagonal stripes/ herringbone.
- First paint a coat of white acrylic on bare wood portions. This helps whatever top coat color you pick to stand out better against the wood.
- Once dry, paint several coats of gold (or whichever color you pick) paint allowing ample time for drying between. It took me three coats.
- Allow to fully dry or else paint will peel off with tape.
- Remove tape gently being careful not to peel paint off as you go.