This is the perfect light and tart dessert for after a huge holiday meal when you feel like you can't possibly stuff anything else in your mouth. You can also add booze to it to make it even more festive!
- 1 bag of cranberries, rinsed
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 2 cups cranberry juice (I used cranberry pomegranate)
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, sugar and cranberry juice to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer until cranberries burst. Turn off heat and let cool to room temp.
- Once cool, puree in blender on highest setting. Strain to remove pith/ pulp.
- Pour into glass baking dish large enough so liquid is less than 1/2 inch deep. Place in freezer.
- After about an hour, take out and scrape top and sizes with a fork to create ice flakes and get the less frozen center part towards the outsides.
- After another hour or so, repeat scraping process. Freeze again for another 30 minutes to an hour.
What types of desserts to you enjoy over the holidays?