- 1 lb package of kale
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- cumin and cinnamon blend
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- handful of dates, minced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chipotle powder
- In a roasting tin, mix the diced butternut squash, maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for approximately 35 minutes at 400 Fahrenheit.
- On a backing sheet, mix the chick peas, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chipotle pepper. Spread across the sheet and roast until crunchy.
- Meanwhile, in a large stock heat the kale and 1/2 cup stock over medium heat. Cover and steam for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the other 1/2 cup stock, vinegar, red onion, and date to a boil and then simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Once the butternut squash is done, mix the kale and butternut squash and pour the dressing over top. Sprinkle the chick peas on top. Enjoy!
What are your favorite "healthy" recipes?