- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 large fennel bulbs, trimmed, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 3 cups fish stock
- dash of cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- fish pieces, I used Mahi Mahi
- Aioli recipe here
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions, leaks, fennel and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and dry mustard at the end and saute until fragrant.
- Add the white wine and clam juice and bring to a boil and cook off the "wine" flavor. Add the fish stock, saffron, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the potatoes. Reduce to medium/ low heat and cook in pot for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the fish pieces and cook for another 6-8 or until fish is cooked through.
- Add the dash of cream at the end.
- Eat with toasted bread and spicy, lemony aioli.