- assorted fresh veggies (typically include green beans, tomatoes, I also included potatoes and roasted red peppers)
- eggs, hard boiled and halved, quartered, or sliced
- Niçoise olives
- canned or lightly sauteed fresh tuna
- olive oil
- balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce, to make a bed to serve on
- Boil the potatoes until you can prick them with a fork and they are soft inside.
- Rub the tuna with mustard and olive oil and lightly saute.
- Clean and chop all veggies. In this case I also blanched the green beans in boiling water.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Make a bed of lettuce on each plate.
- Arrange the veggies, eggs, potatoes, tuna, capers, and olives on the plate.
- Drizzle with balsamic and olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.