- basil, large handful
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- half lemon, squeezed
- 3 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you are not a huge fan of garlic, then I recommend putting the minced garlic in a bowl with the olive oil and heat for 30 seconds or so in the microwave. This will release the fragrance and take the edge off of the spiciness. I however, prefer full on vampire fighting spice.
- Place the avocado, basil, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor. Blend, using olive oil and lemon juice as needed until pureed and smooth. Salt and pepper as needed.
- After the pasta has finished cooking, let it sit for a few minutes so it isn't steaming hot when you mix the pesto as the avocado will brown slightly if it is too hot.
- Garnish with Parmesan, pepper, and more basil as desired. Enjoy!
Hope you are all having a fantastic week!