Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I make a pretty spectacular guacamole. It isn't exactly traditional and has some extra ingredients, but is delicious and can basically be eaten on its own. I know I do... by the bowlful. This particular evening we made chicken tacos with black beans and chili feta to go along with it.
- garlic, a few cloves, minced
- two tomatoes, diced
- red onion, diced
- roasted corn on the cob ( I cheated and got a bag from Trader Joe's)
- cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 avocados, sliced
- Cut the avocado in half. Take out the pit. Slice within skin both ways. Scoop out avocado and put in bowl.
- Mix in the corn, tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic and squeeze a dash of lime juice. Mash with spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Eat out of bowl (or add to taco if you aren't avocado crazy like me).
What meal or dish do you make really well? Or what dish could you eat all on its own without any sides? Does anyone else piss of their significant other by taking too much time taking food photographs?