I don't really have a name, recipe, or many words for this meal because this was a meal pulled together on a Monday night, but let's call it Mediterranean Cod. I think the pictures speak for themselves, so I'll be brief.. The olives, capers, and lemon add a nice salty tang that adds flavor to the cod making this an easy, healthy, refreshing summer meal
- olives (a handful)
- cherry tomatoes, (a few handfuls) halved
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sprig of oregano, minced
- cod fillets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the cod and drizzle with olive oil. Let sit while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the cod fillets presentation side down first for approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet you sauteed the cod in add the onions and saute over medium head until just turning translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano, and garlic and saute for another minute or two.
- Nestle the cod fillets among the sauteed veggies and turn heat to low. Let reheat for several minutes before serving.