To survive the current heatwave, this is a super refreshing twist on a mojito. If you are lucky enough not be living in an inferno, then this can console you after USA's heartbreaking loss to Japan yesterday in the Women's World Cup final. Although, their defense's performance left MUCH to be desired and made me question if I was in fact watching a National Team (to mean?). I'll stop digressing.
This is a strawberry watermelon mojito made with strawberry infused rum and is a great way to use up leftover watermelon.
- 3 oz. watermelon puree
- 1 oz. strawberry infused rum
- mint leaves, muddled in glass
- fresh strawberries, sliced for garnish
- Remove rind from watermelon. Puree in food processor or blender on high until liquid consistency.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix watermelon puree and strawberry rum over ice. Shake well.
- Pour into serving glass with ice and pre-muddled mint.
- Garnish with strawberry and enjoy!
Any good weekend stories? Did y'all watch the game? Thoughts?