A huge welcome to Sabra from the Lonely Wife Project, a blogger who has the perfect combo of wit, style, appreciation of food, and of course adorable monster pup. Most of these characteristics add up to a pretty fabulous host (you mean not everyone loves my 65 lbs pup trying to make them play tug with him at my parties as much as I do...), which is why I've asked her to share with us her top 5 entertaining tips. Anyway, Sabra was one of the first blogs I started following and I'm not sure if it's because of our similar sense of humor, the yummy foodie pictures, her daily pretties, or monster fur ball child who I can relate to being a mother of, but she is a daily source of inspiration/ laughs so go pop on over... doo ittt.
Hi, I'm Sabra from the Lonely Wife Project! I was thrilled when the lovely Julie asked me to guest blog while she's sunning it up in LA. Today I share with you my essentials for entertaining. When we're not busy tending to our professional lives and acting as zookeepers (we have three boisterous animals), the Husband and I like to invite fun people over to our house to partake in eating, drinking and Jenga! Five "must haves" for our soires...
1) A stocked bar. We keep all kinds of alcoholic goods for my picky friends - wine, champagne, tequila, Jack, mixers. Even I'm embarrassed sometimes when we're checking out at Costco.
2) Fancy cheese spreaders. I love cheese and I love accessories. So pretty cheese accessories make me an extremely happy hostess. I love this gorgeous bone cheese knife set I picked up recently at West Elm.
3) Fresh flowers. They smell good and send the message that you care about aesthetics.
4) Food. I love to put together easy and impressive appetizers like this garlic bread with red chili and cilantro. NOM!
5) Candles and mood lighting. I can't stand bright lights when peeps are trying to engage in conversation. I light as many candles as I can get away with without setting the house on fire. My guests appreciate the intimacy.
I trust you enjoyed my roundup and glad to meet your acquaintance. Come visit me over at my blog or my home. I'll make you whatever adult beverage you desire.